Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Full day

Today was a pretty full day! Nonstop for the most part, but successful!
Figuring out tomorrow is going to be another story...
It just snowed, so hopefully it won't be too icy when I trek down to the gym to run tomorrow morning... then I have a class at 12, a short period of time to trek across campus AND grab a quick lunch, class at 2, and then class at 4-6:45.
It will be BUSY... figuring out food is def. going to be a challenge, but I'll do my best to be as healthy as possible!

Today I had my first "hot yoga" class with mom... WOW, it worked me hard! I'm sure I'll feel it in the morning, but that is not a bad thing! It was a great class.
Afterwards, I showered and was VERY hungry... must have burned a whole lot of calories!

So, my Mom and I re-feuled at my fave bagel shop, Bagelz. I was a bit bad, I went with the "everything" bagel (not whole grain) but it was delicious! I had a "veggie" bagel sandwich, which was loaded with all sorts of veggies (lettuce, tomato, pepper, onion, etc), honey mustard and provolone cheese. It was a pretty big bagel, so I'm going to estimate at about 400 kcals, maybe a bit less, with 100 kcals for the veggies/mustard and 100 more for the cheese. I also had a pickle on the side, and a propel fitness water (after working out is the only time I'll drink these).



I did some grocery shopping for the week, only needed a bit to stock up- picked up some bananas, apples, red pears, and I was happy to see- nectarines! I also grabbed a cucumber for my hummus, some yogurts and a couple of kind bars for snacks.

After shopping for groceries we stopped at Starbucks, where I got the rest of my reading done for Kinesiology (the chapter was on stress! haha) and grabbed a grande vanilla "skinny" latte (150 kcal) for my snack, and headed to work.

I only had a short time for dinner at work, so I had a big packet of lemon pepper tuna (5 oz, 150 kcal) with a baggie of baby carrots (10, 50 kcal) and a cup of brussels sprouts (50 kcal). This was obviously not a substantial dinner, but it held me over, and I had a snack when I got home- a big pear!



No comments: