Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

What a nice ending to a busy day

I am SO excited right now... I ACTUALLY caught the campus bus I have been attempting to catch since second semester started! My awesome shift at work helped me get through my drawer quick at the end of the night and let me leave a couple minutes early... I made it JUST as it arrived (I ran to it of course!) and I was the only one on the bus, but the driver was nice and it was MUCH better than having to walk back to my dorm with my big backpack and lunch bag in 27 degree weather (it's still very cold here at night... can't wait until that changes!)
Another nice occurance... I'm actually getting a few more hours at work next week, which means I'll be eating more on the go... but also means I'll be able to come up with some exciting new work dinners =)

So, onto today!
I had planned on going right from Kinesiology class to Starbucks to study before work, so I got my lunch together last night and had it before I started my chem problems!
My ezekiel cereal held me well, 3.5 hours (which is my max) so I'll definately be going with the 3/4 cup!

For lunch I packed a whole wheat pita stuffed with some tofurkey slices (4 slices, 1 serving), a slice of reduced fat provolone, some spinach leaves and a couple tsp of dijon mustard. I had a cut up pear on the side Very good and filling!
I still wanted a snack before work, but I didn't feel hungry enough for the grapes I packed so I went with a tall nonfat latte which I sipped during the beginning of my shift, and it held me until I could heat up my soup for dinner.



Tore it in half, thought maybe you guys could see the inside a bit better:



I was pretty hungry at this point though, so I ended up munching on the baggie of red bell pepper strips I had packed while my soup was in the micro so I don't have a pic of those!
For a quick dinner I had my standard fiber filled Organic Health Valley Lentil Soup with some baby carrots (and the pepper strips)




I was hungry a few hours later, so I snacked on the grapes I had packed for an evening snack.

(Not the best pic, I know...)



When I arrived back at the dorm, (warm and happy I got a ride!) I was craving something sweet, so I had a tall mug of licorice tea with one of my organic dark chocolate cookies. Yum!



It was a nice ending to a busy day... I got all my chem problems finished for the a.m., so all I have left to do tonight is pack up my lunch and head off to bed!

Long lab day tomorrow... but then it's FRIDAY and hopefully I get to see my friend Rhiannon, who's on spring break from Northeastern... I haven't seen her in almost two months, so whatever we do should be quite fun!

No comments: