Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Finally awake

I was exhausted when I started to run, so I only ended up running for 30 minutes, but then I felt surprisingly energized while walking, so I walked on an incline for another 20 minutes before showering.
After my run I made myself a fruit filled smoothie with 1/2 cup vanilla hemp milk, 1 banana, 1/2 cup each frozen mango and blueberries, and the last 3 fresh strawberries. This held me over perfectly during grocery shopping!

I went to the Alternative Food Co-op for some fresh organic produce, (including a bunch of HUMUNGOUS grapes I'm dying to snack on!) and also picked up some pistachios and whole wheat pasty flour from bulk, FYH vegan monterey jack, vanilla soy yogurt, blue corn tortilla chips, white beans, organic veggie broth, a new Nature's Path cereal to try, just the basics, we have a lot in the house already.
It was hard to resist the scrumptious looking vegan cookies, but I plan on baking tonight so I stayed away!

When I came home, I put together a delicious new recipe I found I just had to try- Susan from Fat Free Vegan Kitchen's Turkish Pilaf with Pistachios and Chickpeas. YUM!
Made with basmati rice, eggplant, onion, tomato, chickpeas, parsley, and topped with crunchy pistachios... it was so flavorful, had a great texture, and was a pretty simple recipe to make! I loved it, and so did my family- we all had big bowfuls!

All made:

My bowl:


Tonight is definately going to be a low-key night after all my running around these past few days!
I'm planning on baking, reading, and sleeping... some of my favorite pasttimes!

1 comment:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Oooh, the smoothie and pilaf dish look fantastic!!