Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Sisters day, Part I

I had a great morning with my sister!
I went for a 4 mile run, and then did my sister's makeup for her pictures before getting ready. I was excited to wear my favorite blue skirt and new halter top... it's finally warm and sunny again! Today is SUCH a beautiful day!
We headed to the center of town, which was CRAZY because of the art festival going on (there is some truly incredible work at this show, I love checking it out!)... but luckily we found a parking spot fairly close to the restaurant and my sister's dance studio. So we parked and walked down the street to Markos.
I had my usual favorite- a baked falafel wrap- which is falafel, hummus, lettuce, tomato, pickles and tahini in a huge pita! My sister ordered the same. I devoured mine, she saved a bit of hers for later- she's not used to my huge appetite!


I also sipped on an Organic Mango Acai Honest Tea... yum!
My sister walked to her first photoshoot, and while I waited for her I sat at a local park and read my book. She had an hour in between shoots, so she came and met me after the first shoot, and I did her hair into some fun braids for her next set of pictures.

We played a little at the park because it was totally empty, having some fun on the swings, pretending we were 5 (and 10) again!

We headed back afterwards, through crazy beach traffic, home so she could change. I snacked on a nectarine and some PB pretzels to hold me over.

We're going off to sushi in a bit, and then out for dessert to finish off our day of fun!

No comments: