Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Monday, August 25, 2008

Run and Refuel

I went on an AWESOME run today! I'm back up to running 30 minutes the entire time, and today's run felt great! I was going to do some ab exercises directly after, but I decided I was too hungry to do them then, so I made myself lunch and saved abs for later.

For my re-fuel lunch, I had a special surprise my dad brought home from a drive he went on- New York Bagels! He got them from this little famous bakery (I don't remember the name!) on 1st ave in NYC, and I was SO excited he brought me home my favorite, an everything bagel!

I had 1/2 of mine with a couple tablespoons of hummus, along with some carrots, grapes, and 1/2 cup cottage cheese for lunch. This was the perfect balanced meal, and filled me up great! (Although I did go back for a few more grapes after, they're so sweet and addicting!)

This afternoon I think I'm just running errands with my mom, no big plans. It sure is nice to not have to be anywhere for once, it's nice to end the summer relaxed before the hustle and bustle of school and schedules comes around!

Speaking of schooling & scheduling... I was just going over my schedule for school, starting next wednesday, September 3- and it looks as though I am going to be quite the busy girl!

Here's my plan so far;

Mondays- Wake up 6:45, Early breakfast, Gym 8-9 a.m., Shower, Food Management 10-11, Anatomy 11-12; break for lunch and studying 12-3, Anatomy lab 3-6p.m.

Tuesdays- Wake up 6.am, snack & run 6:30-7, shower and work 8-1p.m., Kinesiology 2-3:15p.m., time for snack & studying, Writing 5-6:15 p.m.

Wednesdays- Same morning as Mondays, no lab in afternoon (time to study!), Yoga 7:30-9p..

Thursdays- Same as Tuesdays. (If I don't work on these days, I'll have the day before 2pm off!)

Fridays- Same morning as Mondays; Nutrition Computing 2-3:50 p.m. Work, most likely 4-9p.m.

Weekends- time off, and work...

Whew! So I'll definately be eating breakfast at home when I can, lunch will always be at school except on Wednesdays, and dinner will be late most days- so I know I'll be relying on large mid-afternoon snacks to hold me over!

I'm planning a whole foods stock-up a couple days before I move in, I'm definately in need of healthy, easy meals- I guess that will be my food challenge for the fall!
As for exercise, my plan so far is 2 weekly early morning runs at home, hopefully one long run on the weekend, gym monday/friday, yoga on wednesdays and one day of walking with mom! I'm excited I have a schedule, and I hope it works out as well as I plan it to!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a good plan, I love creating schedules!! NYC bagels, totally famous :)

Anon said...

i'm so impressed with how early you wake up at college. my goal for this year is to only sleep past 8 on weekends... most of my friendss sleep in until like noon (stupid in my opnion, though i did a couple times last yr)! i like that you're aiming for yoga once a week - great idea! i definitely think i should try and do that too - i'm just so nervous to go because i'm SO unflexible and everyone else will be way better lol

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Good luck with your new schedule!

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to work out my new schedule as well, looks like you've got yours pretty well planned out. will you be living in dorms, an apartment? I'm curious because I just moved into dorms and I'd love to share tips and ideas for healthy dorm life haha

Kristin said...

Andrea,
It's really just a habit; I've always been an early-riser (even during the summer I don't ever wake up later than 7:30!)

And don't fret about yoga, try a beginner's class- or talk to the yoga studio and ask which classes beginners are welcomed at. I'm sure you won't be the only unflexible one, it takes time, but the more you try the more flexible you'll be!

Jenn,
I'm living in a beach house this year (really the equivalent of an apartment), but I lived in a dorm last year, so if you check out some of my earlier entries from January-May I'm in the dorm, maybe those will help you with some healthy in-room meal ideas! Good luck!

Cookie said...

I wish my schedule change slightly during the week like yours does but mine is literally the SAME everyday! At least it's easy to remember right? I'm also an early riser. (I wake up at 5:30 on weekdays and rarely ever sleep past 8 on the weekends.) I just love getting my exercise over with first thing in the morning! That way, I KNOW it gets done for sure! Good luck with your schedule! I'm sure you'll do fine. :)