Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Seeing fine

I went to the eye doctor's this afternoon, and luckily my eyes have not changed one bit! I also picked out some new glasses because my old ones are a bit too big for my face. I'll take a pic of them as soon as they arrive! It was a quick visit, which I'm glad for- I hate being poked and prodded at, especially my eyes!

On the way home, I snacked on a baggie of grapes, and when I got back to the house I immediately started to prep for dinner because I wasn't sure what time I'd be going out.

I made a spicy shrimp salad recipe I found in Oxygen Magazine's special edition "Abs" mag, and it was delicious! I broiled the shrimp in spices and lemon juice, mixed them with chopped bell pepper, red onion and an avocado-naise, and topped about 3/4 cup of the mixture on 3/4 cup cooked brown rice. The spiciness of the shrimp was perfect over the brown rice, and the avocado gave it a great touch, not to mention a good dose of healthy fats! I also had a few carrots on the side for some extra veggies & crunch.

I'm not sure if I'm going out tonight or not... I'm tired, but I do want to see my friend before he leaves (tomorrow morning) so I hope I get to see him, even if for a bit. I guess I'll rest for a bit and see how the night goes!

No comments: