Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

5 hour Italian feast

Today was the busiest day!!
I went on a 20 minute run around my neighborhood in the morning; it was good, but I don't think I remember the route I took! So I might have to rely on map my run...
Tyler and I headed out to do some homegoods shopping early, and then to campus for a few things. I packed my lunch because I knew I was eating out tomorrow!
I packed an easy frozen Kashi pocket, this was made with whole grains, and filled with veggies and beans. It was yummy, and surprisingly filling for such a small pocket! I also had a nectarine and a light cheese stick.

I went on a whirlwind of errands afterwards- grocery store, dropping Tyler off, meeting up with Danielle, picking people up, another grocery store trip... phew! We spent SO long making home made pasta, but it came out pretty well! I got super hungry while cooking, so I had a glass of soy milk to hold me. Well, this didn't hold me long! I was into the appetizers pretty darn quick! I had a few wheat crackers, some fresh Italian cheese...

1/2 a piece of fresh bread with home made pomodoro sauce, a couple olives and a few peppers.
When dinner came I was hardly even hungry! But of course, I finished the entire plate.
Home made Tagliatelle with fresh pomodoro sauce, bread with blood orange olive oil, sauteed potatoes and peppers, a couple olives and some more cheese.

For dessert, I had a bit of everything! A fig, piece of watermelon, 1/2 a pirouette, a cupcake, and a small scoop of ice cream.




This was DEFINATELY a splurge day. The desserts were all small, but I did have a bit of everything, which maybe I shouldn't have. And I did snack a lot- I blame this on eating so late! I was stuffed to the brim! But it was exactly the way Danielle wanted to celebrate her birthday, and I was so happy she had an amazing time!

Here's the birthday girl with her cupcakes!


Tomorrow is a big day- my first day back to school! I'll be posting in the morning for sure, and then most likely later in the evening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blood orange olive oil?? That sounds amazing! Did you infuse it yourself or did you find it somewhere?
Wow. I can't imagine the taste.