Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Friday, September 19, 2008

A day and a half of good eats...

Whew, I knew it would take me a while to post but I never thought an entire day! I have been quite the busy girl, as usual...
yesterday mid-morning, I did some work and had a mini clif bar before my run. I did my usual rejuvenating 25 minute run around the neighborhood before getting ready.

At lunchtime I met up with my Aunt for an interview for school- we had a great time, she loves talking as much as I do so it was a good interview and we caught up a bit! We ate at my favorite Middle Eastern place on campus, International Pockets, and I ordered my standard- the baked falafel wrap with all the veggies (lettuce, tomato, pickles, cucumber, banana peppers, onions), tabouleh, hummus, hot sauce, tahini and a bit of feta. It was HUGE as always, I finished about 3/4 of it. I also had a 1/2 a piece of baklava they served us when we paid!

My wrap was so filling, I didn't really think I needed much of a mid-afternoon snack.. so I just had an apple to hold me through Writing.

Well, it held me for a while, but I was ravenous when dinner time came around and we hadn't even ordered our food yet! So I had a few salt/pepper cashews to settle my growling tummy before our mexican feast.

I had my usual favorite from El Fuego- the veggie burrito with peppers, onions, mushrooms, black beans and cheeses along with a bit of sour cream and some home made salsa. I ate 1/2 the condidments, just about the whole burrito and a couple chips. I said I was hungry!!

Needless to say, I didn't need a snack last night!

This morning I woke up bright and early, and started my day with a Clif Z bar as pre-workout fuel.
I tried a new spin class this morning with my mom at the YMCA, and LOVED it!! It was such a great workout, I'll definately be going back.
After my workout, I had my standard on-the-go breakfast; Kashi Go Lean, a Chobani peach and some grapes.

I also grabbed a small Starbucks coffee with a splash of soymilk at school to wake me up!

Classes were alright, I was a bit tired... but I had a great lunch today! I packed myself a version of my delicious insalatono, using spinach, corn, tomatoes and feta with a tuna packet, plus some olive oil/vinegar to dress, and a plum.


This was just enough to hold me until my pre-work snack. I tried a new bar; Kashi Chocolate Pretzel- this was PERFECT for today, I've been craving salty/sweet and this was deeelicious! I'll get this one again for sure.

Work went by fast, I was putting up signs so nothing too exciting. Dinner was quick and simple, Split Pea soup, carrots and crackers.

As filling as this was, I was hungry when I got back home... so I had a soy pudding to satisfy my sweet tooth. Then I was still hungry. and I knew exactly what I wanted...

A pretzel from Italy! Which I ate half of while I was typing this; here's the other half.
OK, enough food for today! Time to get a bit of studying done and some REST!!

No comments: