Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Thursday, September 4, 2008

On and on...

Today was a good day, but man was it long! It just seemed to go on and on... I'm so glad I'm finally sitting down, relaxing! This morning after breakfast I sat down and did some anatomy reading, and then had a pre-run snack of a mini clif bar, before heading out for my run.

I ran for 25 minutes, any longer is pretty hard in my neighborhood full of dead ends and short streets. But it was a good run nonetheless. Back home, I did about 10 minutes of ab exercises, and decided to make my lunch. I made myself a refried bean burrito, using 1/2 cup refried black beans, and some sriracha hot sauce in a wheat tortilla. I heated this up, and had it with some huge baby carrots and 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese.


This lunch was amazing, because it held me over 4 hours without a growl of hunger!! I hung out with Danielle for a while, then headed out to class, my Kinesiology professor is super nice (and quite good looking!) Afterwards I walked to my next class, and snacked on a Key Lime larabar on my way.

It was just enough to get me through a few hours, but I was STARVING by the time I got home! Luckily my roommate chose a quick easy dinner for tonight- bagel pizzas! A classic college meal, and I got to use my new toaster/toaster oven combo =)
I used some low sodium tomato sauce mixed with garlic, reduced fat mozarella and 1/2 a fresh bagel. On the side I had a big spinach salad with cucumbers, red and green pepper, and a drizzle of Annie' Goddess Dressing. It was balanced, quick and yummy!

For dessert treat, we had about 1/2 cup raspberry sorbetto! Just enough to satisfy my sweet tooth and get me through my anatomy homework tonight!

Tomorrow I have a SUPER busy day, so my posts will be late but I promise there will be one!! 'Night!

2 comments:

Anon said...

HUGE baby carrots... oxymoron!? hehe - they do look delicious though for sure. just wondering, what sorts of ab exercises are your favorites?

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

LARABAR!!! :0)

Good luck with your busy Friday!