Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Listening to my body

Ouch. Even after all of my lovely relaxing yeterday evening, my legs are still painfully sore from my workout (two days ago!!) so although I'm not too happy about it I'm thinking I may have to skip spin class today. I just don't want to work my body too hard- something I used to do constantly, and know is not good for me. I'll still go to the gym, weights and cardio included, take it easy for a while, and decide whether or not I'm up to spin. If I'm not I'll do some easy cardio to get my exercise in, and then as planned I'm finishing up my 'workout'... grocery shopping! I decided to go early this week because NICK'S COMING BACK TODAY!!!! Can you tell I'm excited? I'm not, at all ;)
Cue Nick telling me I'm a weirdo later on today for posting that in all caps on my blog...

Anyways, to START my day, I had what I think is my new favorite breakfast- what I'll call a 'messy parfait'. 1 cup chobani 0%, topped with a big sliced banana, a handful of blueberries and about 1/4 cup slivered almonds. This combo fills me up ferfectly, every time! I def. think it's the awesome combo of carbs&fiber from the fruit, protein from the yogurt and healthy fats from the nuts.

Here's my combo all layered:

And then all mushed up and ready to be devoured!!


I'm off to the gym now, we'll see how it goes; I'll report back later of course!