Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Monday, March 9, 2009

Carb Queen

What a change of weather!
Sunny and warm yesterday, cold, rainy and snowy today!
Yuck, one of the many reasons New England is not my favorite place to be!!

In any case, I was one hungry girl today!
For some reason, as much as I was munching all day, it took until dinner to fill me up!!

I had a big bowl of oatbran upon waking, which is usually my most filling breakfast!

1/2 cup oatbran cooked with 1 cup nonfat soy, a tsp of ghee, a big sliced banana and a sprinkle of cinnamon.

I went to the gym, got a full hour in of the elliptical and strength training before showering and heading to school.
Class was interesting- I really do love metabolism! Today we were learning about the metabolism of carbohydrates during exercise. Carbs really are the best fuel!!

Speaking of carbs, all I was craving was carbohydrates today! In every form- fruit, grains, beans!
For lunch I had a bowl of Trader Joe's Indian soup and an apple.

This didn't quite fill me up, so I had a small bag of Baked Lay's potato chips to hold me over.

For snacks, I had a cheese stick mid-morning and a honey Chobani with 2 tbsp chopped pecans. This is definitely my favorite flavor!

After my last class, I headed down to the lobby of Swan hall, and I ran into my friend from high school, who is in the pharmacy program where they were having a reception for a speech of some sort. He pointed out my grandpa (a former pharmacy professor), who was also there for the speech! I didn't even see him! We chatted for a big and he offered me a tiny square of simple sauce/dough pizza while we were chatting- this was yummy, but I was still STARVING for dinner!

I used inspiration from this month's Cooking Light magazine to make my own sausage/pasta meal. There's was with roasted red peppers, but mine had sauteed zucchini and diced tomatoes!
Helping 1:

And a tiny bit more:

I'll post the recipe soon!

I have some studying to do now though, so this post is a quick one!!

Oh, I almost forgot!
I used some pantry items today...
Breakfast- 2 items (oatbran and ghee, didn't count the cinnamon!)
Lunch- 1 item
Snack- 1 item
Dinner- 2 items
(and a veggie on it's way out!)
Total- 6 items! I did well today!!

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Same weather here :-(


Oooh, I LOVE Cooking Light recipes!! Great inspiration.

Erica said...

Know who was giving a speech at URI today-- RA's CEO Mary Sammons! I don't know what the hell she'd be talking about. . .how to run a failing drug store chain? haha But anyway, it would be funny if that's who they were going to listen to.