Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter treats

Happy Easter everyone!

I hope you're all having a wonderful day, I know mine has been great so far!

Last night, I prepared dinner- a big pot of Italian ragu, which I served over whole wheat angel hair with some garlic bread on the side.

A ragu is an italian meat-based sauce with a lot of sauteed veggies. I'll post the recipe soon, it came out really well!
The garlic bread was Alexia's-

When Nick came home he brought me a lovely Easter surprise-

and myself, being five years old at heart, decided it would be fun if I left Starburst jellybean filled easter eggs all over Nick's room so he could go on an Easter egg hunt! He found all 12 =)

And to end the night with my first Easter treat, Nick shared with me an Easter treat his mom sent him- Smartie's eggs! So much better than m&ms ;)

(I just ate one, of course!)

This morning I woke up and made myself a nice easter breakfast- a fruit bowl with strawberries and a banana, a poached egg with 1/2 a sandwich thin to soak up the yolk,

and a hot cross bun-

Yum! We exchanged Easter presents, and my parents gave me a bag full of my favorite easter candies-

and a gift certificate to All That Matters for Yoga!

I had to have a couple Peeps! =)


This morning I plan on going for a walk on the treadmill for some exercise, and then I'm spending the day cooking a big Easter feast for the fam! I'll post again later tonight, of course!

Have a great day filled with food, family and chocolate bunnies of course!!

1 comment:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Wonderful pasta meal, flowers, and Peeps!! :-D

HAPPY EASTER!!