Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

To Canada I go

If he can't come here, well, then I'll go to him.
This weekend I'm traveling up to visit Nick, it's been a week since I've seen him, and I don't want to wait any longer.
I'll take pictures, but it's about an 11-12 hour drive, and as I'm sure you'll all understand if I would rather spend time with my now long-distance boyfriend than stay glued to a computer screen all weekend!! I'll do a full recap on Monday.

Until then, my eats!

Last night, I had my dessert as planned. A small kiwi and a Veggiegirl blondie did the trick to cure my cravings for sweets!



This morning I woke up and had one of my favorite combos- PB+B, on a whole wheat english muffin with some fresh strawberries on the side.

At work, I snacked on this clif bar (1/2 in the morning, half in the afternoon)

One of my alltime faves!

For lunch, I threw together some home made Tabbouli last night, and paired it with some sliced peppers for an extra veggie kick.

It was delicious, but I was craving something sweet after my small savory lunch, so I had three small squares of Dove hazelnut dark chocolate. Hit the spot, and for less than 100 calories, it was a portion controlled treat!

After work I headed to the gym, where I did a nice 45-minute cardio routine; 30 minutes on the elliptical and 15 walking on an incline on the treadmill. I topped this off with 20 minutes of arm strength, and I was ready to go home!

A quick stop at the grocery store and I was back at home making dinner. I saw this recipe on Jenna's blog, and knew I had to try it! I had one cup's worth with some kale chips (she had me craving these too! And a small crescent roll my mom made.

It was a light, filling dinner that was super tasty! I loved the Pan-fried chickpeas, and I'm so glad I made an extra serving to have soon!!

I'm off to get a few things done for my impromptu trip. I work again tomorrow, then it's out to coffee with my cousin Sammie!

No comments: