Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Camper I am

Hey guys!

Long time no blog!!

I have to say, it was bittersweet not blogging for 5 days. I had a lot of fun at pre-camp, met a lot of new people, and didn't have a single minute to blog- so it would have been stressful trying to!! But I did miss it a lot!

Pre-Camp was fun; I met all of the new counselors, already made a few new friends, my camp name is Leo  for all of you who wanted to know, and we've been doing a lot of rules talk, paperwork and plenty of teambuilding games throughout the week. 

I have been staying active, even though the weather hasn't been the greatest. I've been  playing lots of games, doing LOTS of walking, some swimming, I ran once in the morning (we did "Road Runner", it's a one mile loop the girls do first thing in the morning to earn a pin) andof course toting my HUGE trunk from one end of camp to the other!! 

I didn't take any pics of my food; a few people know I have a food website but I didn't go into many details yet. So no pictures as of now! I do have a mini recap of the foods I ate while I was at camp so you all can see my attempts at trying to be healthy while in the middle of the wilderness of West Kingston, RI! 

Note: I brought NONE of my own food, I found out I CAN bring some healthy snacks to have while I'm there (!!) so I will surely be doing that soon! 

Saturday 6/20/09 

Snack:  Before leaving I grabbed a nectarine and on the way to camp my dad treated me to a Coffee Light Frappucino from Starbucks! My fave! 

Lunch: After filling out some paperwork, we headed to the dining hall for lunch. 
We had chicken tacos, filled with chicken, sauteed veggies, tomatoes, and cheese on a HUGE tortilla as well as some fruit salad. 
Dessert: 1/2 a home made cupcake 

Dinner: Stuffed pepper with sausage, veggies and couscous 
Mac n'cheese 
Cauliflower 
Salad 
Dessert: Ice Cream sandwich 

At the campfire: 1 S'more 

Sunday 6/21/09 

Breakfast: Cheerios and skim milk 
Apple 
Coffee

Lunch: Turkey and ham sandwich on bun 
A few doritos 
Salad
1 orange 

Snacks: 2 pieces turkey meat (leftover from lunch) 
3 starbursts 

Dinner: BBQ chicken 
Spicy baked beans 
2 bites potato salad 
Salad with french dressing 

Dessert: 2 m&m cookies 

Monday 6/22/09 

Breakfast: 1 piece french toast with maple syrup
3 small pieces of bacon
fruit salad 
Coffee with skim milk 

Snack: Small piece cake 

Lunch: Cookout; Tin-Foil meal 
Chicken with zucchini, squash, potato and onion
2 helpings salad with Italian Dressing 
4 tiny GS cookies

Snack: Ice cream bar 

Dinner: Pasta with meat sauce 
Green beans 
Garlic Bread 
Salad with french dressing 
Dessert: Rainbow pudding

(Too many desserts today! I know, I know...)

Tuesday 6/23/09 

Breakfast: Cookout 
Bun with Gardenburger, Cheese & Ketchup (wasn't feeling the sausage/cheese/bacon sandwiches... veggie was so much better, tasty and heart healthy!)
Apple
Coffee Milk 

Lunch: Turkey with gravy 
1 pc bread
Salad with French dressing 
Grapes 
Watermelon 

Snack: Ice Cream sandwich 

Dinner: Chicken 
Rosemary potatoes 
Carrots 
Salad
2 macadamia cookies 

Wednesday 6/24/09 

Breakfast: Oatmeal with raisins 
Cinnamon bun 
Fruit salad 

Snack: 1 pc deli ham, 3 ritz crackers 

Lunch: Beef fajita with onions and peppers, sour cream and salsa
Mexican rice 
salad 
1 pc cake 

Dinner: Grilled cheese
Tomato soup 
Salad 
Banana boat (banana cooked in fire with marshmallows and chocolate chips!)

At campfire: 1 S'more 

Thursday 6/25/09- Day off!

Early morning: 1 slice bread with peanut butter 

Breakfast on the way home: Dunkin' Donuts 
1 veggie egg white flatbread sandwich 
medium iced coffee with skim milk 

Snacks at home:
grapes
laughing cow light cheese 

Lunch: Spinach salad with carrots, cucumber, yellow bell pepper, goat cheese, Annie's dressing
Rudi's whole wheat bagel with Sundried tomato hummus 

(feels good to be home!!)

I go back to camp at 9 a.m. tomorrow morning so I've got a lot to do today- shopping, laundry, packing etc so I need to get on that! I'll post again when I can! Hope you all are having a wonderful summer! 

2 comments:

BalanceMyCake said...

Sounds like you're having fun! Enjoy camp! :)

Janetha @ meals + moves said...

hey looks like the eats at camp are not too shabby after all! and that is nice you get to take your own snacks next time around. have fun!