Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Friday, January 4, 2008

Fresh Start

Early Start

1/4/08 8:02 AM

Got up at 7 this morning for a bit of an early start; I’m picking Danielle up a little later (10:45) to go out to lunch and do a couple things… maybe a trip to the tattoo parlor perhaps? Very exciting!
Whatever we end up doing, I’m sure we’ll be out most of the day so I’m running and doing a bit of strength, if I feel up to it- in the morning before we go off.

Breakfast
Big breakfast to hold me until we get a chance for lunch! I had another large smoothie made with ½ cup nonfat vanilla yogurt (50 kcals), 1 scoop protein powder (40 kcals, 2 g fat), ½ cup each frozen mango/blueberries (100 kcals, 2 g fat), I large banana (130 kcals 1 g fat) and 4 small strawberries (25 kcal) which changed the taste just enough! Yumm… all for around 355 kcals, 5 g fat
On the side I had ½ whole wheat English muffin (I love this kind!) with 1 tsp I can’t believe it’s not butter… altogether 90 kcals, 3 g fat.
Total breakfast ~ 445 kcals, 8 g fat

Hopefully for lunch we’ll go to my favorite middle eastern place so I can get my fave healthy falafel wrap… mmm I’m craving one NOW even though I’m totally full!

Off to plan the week’s menu…

Planned the menu, but spent far far too long trying to figure out dinner for Saturday!
Ended up getting a good run in, but skipping the strength today =(
Oh, well I guess I’ll have to get back on the strength bandwagon on Sunday!

Lunch
I met up with Miss Tira May for lunch today…
It was lovely; we went to El Fuego… my fave little Mexican place in Point Judith, and I had the veggie burrito which has grilled vegetables, rice, beans and cheese. It comes with sour cream but I had it on the side; only about a tablespoon.
It was big and I finished it of course, but it was pretty healthy and it held me until my snack!
I also nibbled on one tortilla chip with a scoop of yummy homemade salsa. Delish!

After we talked for almost 2 hours, we headed to the PIERCING PARLOR… where I FINALLY got my nose pierced!!! Ahh I love it, I’m so excited!

When I came home I snacked on a small handful of nuts and a Clementine. I can tell it’s not going to hold me long, but I’ll get a hot tea from Starbucks before work and a soda to hold me until my semi-late dinner.
I packed a vegan grillers burger, some mediteranean veggies & broccoli. (Altogether 210 kcals, 5 g fat)
I think when I come home I’ll have some yummy cherries my mom brought home and maybe even some peppermint vitasoy!
Mmm… off to work!

No comments: