Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Banana Pancakes (Ali's 14th birthday)

Ok, well OATMEAL banana pancakes!
I made my mom and sister cinnamon brown sugar whole wheat pancakes with strawberries this morning for my sister’s 14th birthday (omigosh I can NOT believe she’s already 14!!)



I’m not really one for the spongy taste of regular pancakes, but while I was cooking them I whipped together Kath’s recipe for the 1/3 cup portions of oatmeal pancakes. I used egg whites, oats, cinnamon, vanilla, and 1/3 of a mashed banana. I topped it with the rest of the mashed banana, 1/8 cup walnuts and a drizzle of sugar free syrup.
mmm, thank you Kath they were FANTASTIC!




I also had to take the opportunity to have some of the gorgeous strawberries my mom found… a score around here this time of the year! I had ½ cup of slices, about 6 or 7 medium.
Altogether this came to:
Pancake- 150 kcals
Banana- 130 kcals
Strawberries- 60 kcals
Syrup- 15 kcals
Walnuts- 100 kcals
~ 455 kcals, 13 g fat
Yummm!

Lets see how long it holds me…

It held me very well, 3.5 hours well!
I just ate lunch at about 11:45…

12:03:27 PM

FULL!
I feel like one of those guys on the taco bell commercial- except healthier =)
I knew tonight was going to be full of fat (some healthy, some not) and rice… so I went with something simple and healthy for lunch.
While I was preparing my big salad, I snacked on 10 large baby carrots (about 40 kcals)
I made a salad with ½ cup kidney beans (100 kcals, 1 g fat), some mixed greens, tomatoes, cucumber, scallions and red pepper for about 120 kcals.
I added 1 tbsp Annie’s Low Fat Raspberry Viniagrette, which added just enough flavor for only 20 more calories and 1 gram fat.
I also had 1 cup 1% cottage cheese for 180 kcals, 2 g fat.
Total lunch calories ~ 460, 4 g fat

I’m going to call Danielle and make plans for tomorrow now, then go for a run and hopefully start making Ali’s cake before she gets home! Busy day, again! =)
9:56:58 PM
Didn’t get as much done as planned today… but did end up making a cake!
And a quite yummy one, if I do say so myself =)

I snacked on a large apple in the afternoon, and I baked a confetti cake with buttercream frosting, raspberry filling and candy kisses for Ali!





We had dinner at Shogun- appetizer and sushi galore!
I ate a good amount, but tried to keep portions reasonable.
I had 2 small shrimp dumplings with a bit of sauce; some seaweed salad (about 1/3 a cup) and about 7 pods of edamame.
Afterwards we had SUSHI! Yummm…
I had 1 piece California roll, 1 piece spicy scallop, 1 piece Philadelphia roll, 2 pieces of the special falcon roll (yellowtail, tuna and tobiko) as well as ½ a cooked ebi nigiri.
Mmm mmm! There was a lot of white rice, but the oils in the seaweed salad are pretty healthy, the fish is great and the veggies (I ate a few extra cucumber slices!) and avocado were very nutritious.

Of course, afterwards we went to my grandparents’ house and shared my wonderful creation with them; I had a big slice of cake with 5 candy kisses on it! I also had about ½ cup (1 serving) light half-baked ben and jerrys frozen yogurt. Delish! Yes, a big treat. But tomorrow’s a non-treat day for me!

Me, the birthday girl and the cake:


My piece:




I am going to lunch with Danielle, I’m meeting up with her in the morning, and we’re going to do lunch (maybe Pick Pockets or Markos!) and hopefully a trip to Ethnic Concepts for a nose piercing or a new tattoo, perhaps? We’ll see!

Exciting stuff…
Well, I finished my lemon-ginger tea, I think I’m going to sip some tonic and be off to bed pretty soon… early morning tomorrow!

Xo
Kris

No comments: