Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year, New Start.

Ahh, 2008. It’s finally here!
I think for the first time in many years, I feel ready for the new year to come about.
I accomplished SO much last year, and there is SO much more I want to accomplish this year!

My goals for today:
-Get together someone's birthday present...
-RUN 35 minutes (working up to 40!)
-Planning out the rest of the week
-Writing/printing my resolutions
-Getting my bureau organized
-Making a list of to buy/to do
-2 things on to-do list!
-Cooking a healthy New Years dinner =)

FOOD

Breakfast
Number one goal for 2008? Variety, Balance, Moderation.
I started the day well, with one of my favorite healthy, filling breakfasts:
5.5 oz of Greek Yogurt (1 Fage 0%)
½ cup blackberries and 1 medium kiwi
¼ cup sliced almonds
1 tsp natural honey
1 cup coffee
2 waters & all vitamins
Breakfast= ~460 kcals, 17g fat (healthy of course!)

Lunch
Breakfast held me over, better than expected.
For lunch I had a yummy balanced meal of 1 cup butternut squash soup (90 kcals, 2 g fat), a salad with ½ cup black beans (100 kcal 1 g fat), mixed greens and some chopped cucumber, tomato and pepper- not too much tomato because tonight’s dinner is FULL of tomatoes! (about 100 kcal 0g fat) plus 10 kashi crackers on the side (about 100 kcal, 3 g fat)
Tasty and filling, I hope! Overall my lunch came to ~400 kcals, 6g fat. Not too bad.

I’ve been getting SOME cleaning done… I’m going to do a bit more work, then run around 2 (just a treadmill run today) and possibly have a snack around 3:30… I’ll start dinner at about 5.
I can’t wait… I’m making fish with burst grape tomatoes, and chive gnocchi! Ali’s making us some cheesy garlic bread to go along with it, and I’m sautéing some fresh zucchini to round out the meal. Yum!

Edit:
We had a fabulous New Year's feast!

Pan broiled Tialpia with burst tomato shallot sauce, herbed sauteed zucchini, chive butter gnocci, and cheesy wheat garlic bread:

No comments: