Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Oh, orgo...

Organic chemistry today was a little better than it has been. After studying a whole lot, reviewing my notes and trying problems I think I'm beginning to understand the basic concepts. Thank goodness! All that work helped out in my lab this afternoon... and I finished an hour early! So now I'm here, sipping some yummy Egyptian Licorice Yogi Tea, and I'm taking a break before some more studying later!

Food for today...
I DID get hungry immediately after Philosophy, AGAIN, even with my extra nuts.
Sooo I have determined it MUST be boredom/thirst hunger... I drank some water and lasted another 1/2 an hour, so I'll go back to my usual 10 g nuts and just remember to always have my nalgene on hand after philosophy!

This afternoon I went to Subway and grabbed lunch on the go.
I had a 6 inch "Veggie Delite" on wheat bread, with provolone cheese (2 halves) all the veggies and fat free honey mustard dressing. On the side I had apple slices and a diet coke to give me some caffiene energy for lab!



Lunch calories: ~350 kcal, 7 g fat
This was yummy and filling for a while, but only held me about 2 1/2 hours in total- not surprised, there wasn't too much to the lunch.

I had a snack in between Organic Chem and Lab... 1/4 cup Flax Granola and 6 dried apricots (Snack calories: ~170 kcal, 3 g fat)
This held me through my lab, but that was only 2 hours... if I know I'm going to have a longer lab I'll have to pack a more substantial, protein-filled snack!

I'm hungry now, but the tea should hold me until I eat around 5.

2 comments:

jess said...

Hi Kristin!
I discovered your blog through Jenna's and they are now the Only food blogs I read. The healthy attitude really inspires me. I'm currently coming out of a period of disordered eating and working (both mentally and physically) on gaining back to a healthy weight. Just wanted to let you know that you have a new loyal reader (AND fan!). Thanks so much and you're an awesome example.
-jess
p.s. at subway if I'm getting an actual meal that I need to feel satisfied from as opposed to a snack or mini-meal, I opt for the turkey breast or roast beef (both with provolone) as opposed to the Veggie Delite with the cheese- though both are delish if I can't get home to make my own! I can't remember whether or not you're a vegitarian, but maybe that would help for next time.

Kristin said...

Hey Jess,
Thanks for reading, I'm glad to be an inspiration!
As for subway, I'm a pescetarian- so I refrain from eating red meat and poultry, but I do eat fish (see my dinner post!)
I love the veggie delite from Subway only if I know I'll be eating a snack soon after- I'm sure it's that lack of protein that doesn't fill me for long. Thanks for the suggestion though!