Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Monday, January 21, 2008

Ready for the day!

I didn't have any spinach in the house; and I didn't want to use mushrooms (I'm sure I'll be eating plenty at lunch!) so I decided to make a different omelet- one with broccoli, orange pepper, some cheese and parsley.
It was very delicious!
I used 3/4 cup egg whites (100 kcal) and included 1/2 cup broccoli (cooked, 25 kcal), 1/4 cup pepper (25 kcal), a bit more than 1/8 cup shredded reduced fat cheese (50 kcal, 3 g fat) and a bunch of parsley. I dipped this in 1/2 tbsp organic ketchup (10 kcal)
On the side, I had 2 vegetarian sausages while cooking (80 kcal, 3 g fat) and 1/2 a large grapefruit which was PERFECT... yum! (75 kcal)
Now I'm full, making some lists, and going to run early today so we can head up to Prov to hit some of my favorite spots before school! =)

Omelet:



Grapefruit with 1/2 eaten omelet:



Total breakfast calories: ~365 kcal, 6 g fat

No comments: