Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Monday, January 21, 2008

International!

I traveled around the world with my meals today!

Lunch was absolutely fantastic, I'm SO glad we stopped at Kabob & Curry!
I was very hungry when I got there (no whole grains at breakfast, protein only holds me so long...) so I ended up finishing my ENTIRE wrap! It was very delicious though, and not too big so I thought it was fine. Plus, the ingrediants were healthy!
I ordered the chickpea & portabella mushroom wrap, which was a spinach wrap that had some cheese, peppers, onions, lettuce and tomato in it as well. The chickpeas and mushrooms were in a very yummy, spicy sauce, which didn't seem too fatty, but you never know. It was served with a minty yogurt-cucumber sauce on the side, which I only drizzled a bit on the top of each half of the wrap before I devoured them! You don't need a lot for that zing!



It's hard to estimate this meal because I'm not sure how much cheese was in their or the contents of the sauce, and the size of the wrap. I want to say about 200 for the wrap, 100 for the veggies, 200 for the cheese, 100 for the chickpeas and maybe another 150 for the sauce. That makes it a hefty 750 kcal- so I might be overestimating, maybe not.

My mom and sister seemed to enjoy their meals as well, they both ordered the mango chicken which looked (and smelled) fantastic!

On the way home from shopping we grabbed tea at Tealuxe- I had butterscotch caramel (yum!) and I snacked on an apple in the car.

We made a couple more stops before we got home, so I was starving for dinner. Luccily, I chose a pretty simple recipe- Otsu by Heidi Swanson, which is Soba noodles with tofu in a sesame ginger sauce, with some stir fry veggies on the side.
I stir fried the veggies in a bit of olive oil spray and let them simmer in low sodium vegetable broth for some taste.

I knew 2 oz of pasta wouldn't cut it for dinner tonight, so I had 2.5 ounces of soba noodles (japanese buckwheat noodles) with 3.5 tablespoons of the sauce (which contained some lemon/zest, ginger, cayenne pepper, olive and sesame oils, rice vinegar and soy sauce), 3 oz of tofu, along with about 3/4 cup of the noodles.



Dinner calories: ~600 kcal
It was a good light meal for yoga (which was great tonight, I'm sad I won't be able to go Mondays any more because of classes), but I was pretty hungry after!
Sooo I made my fam a nice yummy dessert of baked pears (baked with 1 tsp brown sugar and a bunch of cinnamon) and 1/2 cup vanilla frozen yogurt.



Dessert calories: ~200 kcal

Total calories for the day were about 2,015. Woah! Thats a whole bunch, but it's good for me.
I know I need to up my calories even more to gain weight... but I'm at such a good balance it's so hard to send that off-kilter, on purpose nonetheless! But what has to be done has to be done. I know I need to be at a good BMI going into training for running in a couple months, so I'll be eating more this semester, not feeling guilty (it WILL be healthy stuff for the most part!) and gaining some healthy weight, then going back to my equilibrium.

No comments: