Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Busy Grocery day!

What a busy day!

After I ran at home this morning, my mom, sister and I headed to Crazy Burger for brunch!
I started with a hot cup of peppermint tea with a bit of honey



For bruch I had one of my favorites- design your own omelet! I had mine with egg whites, goat cheese, steamed broccolli and sauteed mushrooms... yum! There was a bit more goat cheese than usual, but it was delicious! I dipped it in a tiny bit of homemade ketchup (about a tsp) and ate all the fruit that came along with it! (I substituted fruit for the homefries that were on the menu). It came with brioche, but I was too full from the omelet and fruit, so I gave them to my sister!



Afterwards, we headed up to Whole Foods for my much anticipated grocery trip!
I had some great successes finding a bunch of new products I want to try! Lots of new stuff up and coming =)
I have heard awesome things about sunshine burgers and hemp milk, so I'm excited to try those for sure!

Here are the goods:

A few items I got to keep at home:
Vanilla low fat soy milk (I wanted almond!), Steel cut oats, honey roasted PB


Produce: (I'm getting the rest locally tomorrow!)


And the rest:
I didn't end up buying too much yogurt, my local grocery store has a sale on Stonyfield so I think I'll grab a few of those! (I was excited about the Fage 2% with Cherry though!)




On the way out, I grabbed a few items from the salad bar and a small side salad for a light late lunch to hold me over.
I had some edamame and brown rice, chickpeas with garlic and tomatoes, and a bit of sesame tofu, and some mixed greens with veggies and apple cider vinegar.





I also bought some stuff for tonight's dinner: I made Jenna's recipe for Meatless Sloppy Joes and they were fantastic! I made enough for dinner AND leftovers for this week!
Absolutely delicious, and very easy! We had them with Ezekiel 4:9 sprouted grain buns (a new favorite!) and fresh brussels sprouts/cauliflower I roasted with a bit of EVOO and S&P... another one of Jenna's ideas!

Cooking it all up:


Roasted Veggies:


The meal!



Now I'm sipping some sugar cookie tea and studying for my Nutrition Exam on Monday!
What a great Saturday =)

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

wow, you had quite a busy, exciting day!! best way to spend Saturdays, for sure; and I see you went to Whole Foods!! My favorite :0)

good luck with your exam on Monday!

Kristin said...

I did go to Whole Foods, my nearest W.F. is about 35 minutes away, so I try to take a trip up there every few weeks, I wish I could go every week!

Thanks, I'm more worried about my exam on Tuesday... Nutrition comes to me much easier than Philosophy!

Have a great Sunday =)