Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Friday, February 1, 2008

Dreary Morning

It's not too nice outside, unfortunately- pretty dark and dreary. They said it might rain, I'm hoping not... I have another far-away class!
This morning I woke up and had 1/2 a new clif bar- this time I tried "Oatmeal Raisin Walnut". It was good, but not as good as the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip!
I went to the gym, and went for another nice, long run. I'm really enjoying these long runs on m/w/f, so I decided I should probably take Saturdays off from running (I'll do some other form of light cardio) to let my body rest and recover. Admittedly, I can get a bit obsessive when it comes to running, so I'll give my body a bit of a break every once in a while.
I'm not sure my exercise schedule this weekend yet, hopefully I'll be able to get in a yoga class on Sunday morning, as long as I work in the evening (fingers crossed!). I wanted to do some strength today; but without knowing my schedule for sat/sunday I decided to just do some walking lunges (40, 20 on each side) to strengthen my legs and either finish my strength routine tomorrow or through yoga on Sunday.
Enough about exercise!

I was sooo hungry when I came back! I was considering just going with 1-1/4 cups of cereal today, but I was super hungry, and I know nothing less than 1-1/2 cups ever fills me up. So, I went with 1-1/2 cups kashi go lean honey almond flax with 1 cup low fat soy milk (a few more calories than my other variety, this time I used "West Soy Low Fat"- 90 kcal, 1.5 g fat/cup) and I had a medium sliced pear on the side.



Total breakfast calories, including clif bar: ~600 kcal
(Woah! Thats a big one, but I'm sure it will hold me until I grab lunch and I'm at work for dinner tonight anyways, so I know it will be light!)

No comments: