Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Friday, February 29, 2008

While I'm waiting...

So while I'm waiting, I decided to take a survey from Ruby Red Vegan (her blog is so creative!)
All about food, of course... I figured maybe you'd be interesting in a few of my quirks...

1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
Oooh tough one! When I go soy, I like West Soy Lite... but I'm a BIG fan of my new obsession, Living Harvest Organic Hempmilk in Vanilla flavor!

2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
Pineapple Quinoa from Veganomicon (tomorrow's dinner), Dreena's Homestyle Chocolate Chip Cookies (tomorrow's dessert), Chickpea Cutlets from Veganomicon (next time I'm home!)

3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
I'm most definately a kettle corn girl.

4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
Nothing I can think of at the moment, I've definately had my failures but usually I turn them into something completely different and just as fabulous!

5. Favorite pickled item?
The little mini pickles my grandma puts out at the holidays. I eat sooo many when I help set the table!
Otherwise, I don't go for the pickled stuff.

6. How do you organize your recipes?
My computer is #1, but they're not too organized at the moment, and I also have a cute red, white and black recipe book that needs some new additions!

7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
Trash, and recycling as much as possible... trying to start a compost at home!

8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods...what would they be (don't worry about how you'll cook them)?
Oatmeal, peanut butter, falafel

9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
Beach trips

10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
anything Purely Decadent!

11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
Tough one. The stove/oven at home, my microwave is my at-school savior.

12. Spice/herb you would die without?
Garlic! I loveeeee garlic! Cinnamon as well.

13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
My Juices & Smoothies book

14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
Raspberry or apricot (everything's a tie!)

15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
Garden Risotto, minus the parmesean. Or sloppy joes. They're my new fave.

16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
Depends on how it's cooked. Tempeh 'cuz it's nutty, tofu when it's firm or stirfried.

17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
Breakfast at school, dinner when I'm home.

18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
Lots! Oatmeal, cinnamon, walnuts, napkins, tea and baggies on the top shelf, honey, vanilla, coffee, splenda, aluminum foil and plastic wrap right on top

19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
Quorn cutlets, frozen veggies, sunshine burgers.

20. What's on your grocery list?
More fruit, hempmilk, salad greens, tofu steaks, ingrediants for dinner and cookies!

21. Favorite grocery store?
Whole Foods.

22. Name a recipe you'd love to veganize, but haven't yet.
Grilled cheese with tomato!

23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa's because I know you check it everyday)? Or maybe the top 3?
1. Eat Like Me
2. Katheats
3. Veggie Girl Vegan

24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
Endangered Species Dark chocolate

25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
Not expensive, but fantastic- honey roasted PB from WholeFoods. My ezekiel cereal was a bit pricey for cereal, $5!

26. What is your favorite restaurant (not including all-vegan or all-vegetarian ones)?
Crazy Burger!

1 comment:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Oooh, I love these surveys!! So fun to learn a little more about fellow bloggers!!

Okay, you KNOW I have the exact same answers as you, for #1 and #21; and I like your answers to #23 as well :0D