Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Chipotle tears

Tonight when I was eating my dinner my supervisor asked me if I was ok because I was tearing up while eating my chili- the spiciness combined with the physical heat (and the fact that I was eating it FAST) made my eyes water! haha It was DELICIOUS though... def. the best dinner I've brought to work! I had a big cup of chipotle white bean chili topped with 1/4 cup shredded low fat mozarella, and a cornbread muffin on the side. Very filling, kept my tummy satisfied even through rearranging tempting easter candy! hehe

My dinner:


Bean and veggie goodness:


I got all my errands done before work and sat at Starbucks for a while, had my snack and sipped on some Wild Sweet Orange tea to go along with my tangelo and Nature Valley bar- my mom had these at the house for my sister/dad, the nutrition looked pretty good, with only a few ingrediants (peanuts, almonds, sunflower seeds... but then there was corn syrup and sugar). It way yummy but WAY too sweet for my liking. Literally coated in sugar- I'd rather go with something more naturally sweetened (honey or agave). Held me over for the afternoon though!

When I got home I snacked on a Fage 2% with cherry... mmm, creamy! Now I'm heading to bed early early, I've got an early but fun day planned in Boston with my mom! I'll post my adventures tomorrow night!

4 comments:

fodie818 said...

kristin, just out of curiosity, where do you work?

Simple and Divine said...

Hey Kristin! I didn't know whether to leave you a longer comment on your blog or your livejournal so I left it on the livejournal! Just letting you know! [PS] I loooove reading your blog! :)

Sara said...

just out of curiosity, what does your weekly workout schedule look like. Its got to be tough to get out and run in the cold. its even been freezing here in missouri. How much distance/mileage do you do? Sorry for all the questions, but I love talking running, fitness, and of course food, with other runners. :)

Kristin said...

Fodie,
I work at Rite Aid!
Not a permanent job, obviously, but its a little grocery money!

Simple and Divine,
I'll check my livejournal for your comment, but I do tend to check/update this blog more!

Sara,
I don't run outside when it's cold, I'm too much of a wimp! Recently I've just been running on the indoor track at school until it warms up. I will get back to running outside when it gets to be above 45 degrees or so early in the morning. Right now my routine is 40-45 minutes running on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and 30-35 minutes Tuesdays- Thursdays I do some light cardio, and on the weekends I do yoga one day and usually run on the treadmill at home one day. My 40-45 minute runs are usually 5.5 to 6 miles, and my 30-35 are 4.5-5 miles.
I'd like to run every day, but I try not to run too much in order to avoid overtraining and straining my muscles/joints.
I love talking running as well! I can't wait until it gets warmer and I can start racing! I already have 2 5ks planned for April =)