Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Another sammie!

I'm sooo happy to say I got SO MUCH accomplished this morning!
I ran (35 minutes, 10 minute walk), AND made dinner for tonight (I was so busy with it I didn't get a pic of the pot, sorry, but you'll see it when I eat it!) Jenna's version of Eat, Drink and Be Healthy's Chipotle White Bean Chili (basically just the chicken chili w/out the meat) as well as some healthy cornbread muffins (easy-make; Hodgson Mill's brand cornbread mix using nonfat milk and canola oil, just one egg) to go along with it. Should be perfect to take to work!

For lunch today I made myself my second sammie of the day... this time was a little different though, I pressed my sandwich in between two of my heavy pans, and made a delicious, melty "panini"! The bottom got pretty blackened, but I like it a bit burnt so it was delicious anyway! I arranged two slices Rudi's whole wheat honey sweet bread with 1 tsp whole grain dijon, 4 slices hickory smoked tofurky (so much flavor, perfect in the pressed sandwich!), 1 slice reduced fat cheddar, some spinach and a couple slices leftover tomato. On the side I ate the rest of my baby carrots and a really ripe, juicy nectarine! All full now!






The rain is still going strong, so I'll get a few more things done at the house and hopefully by the time I venture out to do my errands it will have calmed down a bit. We'll see!
I'm so glad I'm right on track today, maybe I'll even have a little time to relax with a tea at Starbucks later!!

3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

hooray for a productive morning, and a delicious lunch!

by the way, you should TOTALLY check out this restaurant, while you're in Boston:

http://www.grezzorestaurant.com/

Annie said...

Kristin if you go to Grezzo let me know how it is (of course I already know you will haha) but Ive been wanting to try it, but dont want to waste the money if it isnt good.

Have an awsome time in Boston!

Kristin said...

Ahh, I'd LOVE to go there but I'll be at the other end of the city, and we have to catch an early train back! I def. want to take another trip up there JUST for Grezzo!