Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Disappointing dinner

Unfortunately I encounted a disappointing dinner situation tonight, the friend I was supposed to go to dinner with had to cancel at the last minute, and I was stuck, mushroom burger and plans-less for the night. Ah, well. Can't do too much about canceled plans, but I hadn't planned any other options for dinner... so I did what any cheap college kid would do, go home and raid the parents' kitchen!
For dinner I searched our cupboards back at home and came up with a yummy, balanced meal of a big plate (1.5 cups) of whole wheat fettucine topped with some bell pepper, broccolli florets and spinach I sauteed in 1 tsp of olive oil and some minced garlic, as well as a handful of chickpeas. I topped all this with 2 tbsp asiago cheese and dug in! It was very tasty, and although not the mushroom burger I had been craving it definately hit the spot!

Up close:

Now I still have some work to do, and my lunch for tomorrow to round out the night... but hump day is over and the weekend is getting closer- I've got plans for Friday night, and a fun vegan dinner at home on Saturday!

No comments: