Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Fluorescent palette

Mmm mmm mmmm....
I can't stop saying it!
My meals today have been nothing short of fantastic!

I ran for 35 minutes on my treadmill this morning and walked for a few reading ED&BV of course, and then got ready to head to lunch with my mom before our day's plans.
We stopped at one of my favorite middle eastern restaurants, Markos, for healthy baked falafel wraps. It looks really big and long, but the wrap is super thin and they're stuffed with just the right amount of hummus, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, pickles and falafel! Yum!

Afterwards we picked up my friend (and next year's roommate) Tyler and met up with the realtor to go look at a couple houses. We looked at 2 (the other we had wanted was already sold!) and we think one's a keeper- lets hope it all works out! I can't wait for a kitchen!!
Since we were in town, we stopped for a slightly healthy treat at the PodHead Cafe- real italian gelato, my fave! I had a big "regular" size with 1/2 pistachio (it had yummy chunks of pistachios!) and 1/2 mixed berry. Definately a nice afternoon sweet!


I went grocery shopping and bought a few essentials; some fruit, baby carrots, bell pepper, snow peas, wheat pitas, some marinade for tofu, some stonyfield nonfat yogurts, and I grabbed a strawberry banana Silk Soy yogurt to try!

I was super hungry by the time I got home and started making dinner- I made Fat Free Vegan's Easy Mac and Cheeze, but I added my own twist to the end, added a bit of smartbalance margarine for creaminess and topped the mixture with some vegan cheddar and a crushed wheat cracker (1 on each) and baked them for 10 minutes for a baked cheezy creation! It was SOOO good, I licked my bowl clean AND had the other little bowl (the rest of the serving) that I had saved if I still wanted more! On the side, we had steamed broccolli and snow peas roasted with some rosemary garlic marinade. A delicous rounded meal!

Mmmm "cheezy"

Didn't fit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yum, gelato is hard to beat! that looks soooo good :) Glad house hunting was successful, having a kitchen is amazing!!