Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Thursday, March 27, 2008

More leftovers!

I really love this Quorn roast we got for Easter... it's yummy, filling and versatile- so I don't mind eating so many leftovers of it!
Tonight I had a couple more slices of it plopped on top of a whole wheat mini bagel with some dijon mustard and melted provolone, for an open-faced quorn melt! Yum!


On the side I had a big 2-cup container of my leftover roasted veggies, my favorites- brussels sprouts and cauliflower roasted in evoo and s& p. De-lish, as always!

Unfortuately my yummy leftovers are just about used up, but I guess that's a good thing- I get to think of some more new, inventive meals for next week!
Too bad I'm kind of on a budget for a while, I'm only able to stock up on fresh items at the grocery store at the moment (I'll be going shopping Saturday) but I have enough in my "dorm pantry" to last me a couple weeks!
Get ready, Kristin's getting creative! =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yum, that all looks gooood! how does the Quorn roast compare to the cutlets?

Kristin said...

hk,
They have the same basic taste, but I find the roast has more of that delicious, moist "oven baked" taste. It's great with gravy, or mustard- and I like how small and dense it is, I slice it into 10 thick slices and 2 is a serving!