Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Friday, April 4, 2008

Back from braving the elements...

I was definately ready to settle down with a nice lunch after my wet trek across campus with a malfunctioning umbrella! Maybe I should invest in one that cost more than $5...
Well, I'm back now! Enjoying my sammie and then packing the rest of my gear for this weekend.
For lunch I made myself another tofurkey sandwich using peppered tofurkey and a slice of reduced fat provolone on a wheat pita with some dijon mustard, spinach, and mushrooms!. Might seem unusual to some, but to me it was the perfect add-in! I loveee mushrooms, in any way shape or form and I always used to love making "mushroom melts" so I figured why not use that last few mushrooms left in my fridge in my pocket for a little change... it was great! I heated my sandwich, so the cheese melted on the mushrooms just the way I like it! On the side of my perfect pocket I had some baby carrots with a big navel orange.

(Funny shaped pita, still tasted good!)


I can't wait to get home and start making my delicious dinner and dessert! Lots of baking this weekend!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yum, I love mushrooms, too...they're such a good addition to sammies and salads, especially warmed and melted with vegan cheese, love it!

Excited to see your treats tonight, yay!

you deserve it, 100% on chem test...WOW, that's awesome :)

ChickPea said...

I, too, am a mushroom lover. If there is any way to include them in a meal, I will--I love them raw! Can't wait to see what baked treats you have in store!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I LOVE mushrooms!! Especially the portabello variety - yum!

Looking forward to seeing the treats!! Enjoy the rest of your Friday :0)