Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Friday, April 4, 2008

Fiesta for my tastebuds!

Oh. my. gosh.
I can not stop licking my lips, this dinner was absolutely fantastic!
Thanks to the lovely Jenna, Erica, and Lindsay- the Happy Herbivore herself, I have been craving these bluecorn tacos without having even tried them!
Well, I tried them tonight and they are most definately one of my new favorite meals! Soooo delicious, seriously- go out and buy the ingrediants. Now. and make them. Now. They will not disappoint!
I used Happy Herbivore's recipe for Blue Corn Chickpea Tacos- I roasted the delicious chickpeas (I had a small handful when they came out of the oven to "test"... sooo good! The perfect flavor!), whipped up some home made guacamole following Jenna's suggestion of lime juice, avocado and salsa (I used a dash of salt) and sauteed some zucchini/summer squash on the side with some spicy seasonings for some extra veggies.

I had 2 tacos stuffed with chickpeas, some spinach leaves, guacamole and organic mango salsa, topped with a bit of vegan shredded cheese.
I also had some of my veggies, and went back for seconds on the veggies and gucacamole- love them healthy fats! =)


Back for more:

Tonight I have my baking adventure planned, I'm using ANOTHER one of Happy Herbivore's fantastic recipes, I can't wait to see how they come out!

Oh, this afternoon I snacked on an apple after grocery shopping:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUM! I love happy herbivore's recipes, these look great..I'm staying tuned for the baked treat, yay! happy friday!!

Lindsay (Happy Herbivore) said...

Your tacos are gorgeous! Don't you just love those chickpeas! I have eaten them at least 5times since I made them the first time and I think its so cool they're taking over food blogs everywhere... sometimes I eat those baked chickpeas by handful.

I love your extra veggies too - you really rocked the taco!

Kristin said...

Well thank you =)

Those chickpeas are soooo good, I know!
I did eat a handful myself, right out of the oven! I couldn't stop picking at them!
I joked with my mom she'd have to find her own dinner, the chickpeas were alllll mine hehe