Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Friday, April 25, 2008

Beauty and Ease

Tonight was quite the hectic night! My cousins' hair appointments took longer than expected, so we ended up having to rush around a bit to get everything done- I picked one of them up at the salon and did her makeup while the other was having her hair finished, then I did the other's- they ended up looking gorgeous, and I got a new starbucks card for "payment!" They were really happy about their looks, so I was glad =)

This afternoon my Mom treated me to a grande soy misto from starbucks, and I also snacked on some dried fruit (mango and kiwi) and some roasted unsalted almonds- both sent from Ohnuts.com!


Of course, because the beautification turned out so late I was a little late to making dinner, but that was ok, because I had a quick and delicious recipe to make- I tested Linsday from Happy Herbivore's Cremini Mushrooms and Couscous, which was absolutely delicious! That girl knows how to write recipes, let me tell ya =) You're all going to have to rush out and buy her cookbook, I'm sure you won't be disappointed! My mom was extremely happy with this recipe as well, we both gobbled up our big plates!


Just hanging out at the house tonight, watching a movie with Mom and relaxing at the end of the week. I have another yummy tester recipe in the oven for a treat, and then I'm turning in to sleep- I've got a race at 9am tomorrow! It's going to be a challenge, but it's only my second race- I'm sure they'll get better as I do more this season!

3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

ahh, sorry about the hectic times throughout your day - but at least you still managed to eat well, and you'll be relaxing tonight :0)

VEGAN TICKLES said...

I hope the Soy Misto helped you cope today.
I always order that same drink.
It's delicious

Anonymous said...

yum, looks awesome! Lindsay's taste buds sure know how to create amazing meals, this looks awesome!! good luck tomorrow, I've got a 5K too :)