Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Friday, April 25, 2008

Salad pizza

Had some more wrap-difficulties today! I smothered my Rudi's spelt wrap with the rest of the hummus I had (about 1/4 cup) and topped it with some greens, brocco slaw, 1/4 a bell pepper and some cucumber slices- and then I couldn't shut it!! When it was all opened and topped, it reminded me of a salad-pizza, so I took a pic of that, and then had to fanagle my tortilla upside down just so I could put it on the plate, before adding some big baby carrots and an apple for sides. It was quite the messy lunch, but good as usual!


I'm eating pretty quick, and then I'm getting my stuff together to load in the car and meet up with my twin cousins for beautification! Should be exciting, i just can't believe my cousins are actually going to prom! Time sure does fly.

I'll be back with my dinner creation later on!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristin,
Yummy food :) I had a question regarding running... I know you weren't always into and I was wondering how you got into the habit. I was extremely active in high school, my favorite sport was/is field hockey and I was a forward so running was a big part. Now that the weather is warm I'm thinking I may take the plunge and try a running routine. Any tips?
Thanks so much!

Kristin said...

I actually wasn't so active in high school,but I did do martial arts for most of my childhood. When I got into higher rankings, in middle/high school we had to run for each belt test- more and more each time. I always hated those runs, because I could never finish without stopping. By the time I got into black belt training, I knew I had to find some way to improve my running habits because I was no longer allowed to stop. Since I realized my problem was "going the distance" I decided to start slow- running as long as I could without stopping, then walking for a bit, and seeing if I could run a little longer. Eventually, I began to be able to run longer without stopping, and then longer after stopping for a break, so I started to try to run without taking a break. Little by little my body got used to running without stopping, and soon enough I was running a good 3 miles without walking at all. The more frequently I ran, the more my body got used to it, and I added hills here and there (which slowed me down, but built muscle) and over time I got faster and faster the more I ran.
So my advice would be to start slow, run/walk if you need to, or go for a short, faster run and eventually slow it down and see if you can run for longer- you'll get faster over time I promise!
I'd start with a couple days a week, at least one day break in between until your body gets used to it. Nowadays I run about 5 days a week, but always give my legs a rest day because I know they need their recovery time!
I hope this helps!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Haha, I ALWAYS have messy wraps - but hey, those are the most fun to eat ;0)

Enjoy the rest of this gorgeous Friday afternoon!