Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Monday, April 28, 2008

Do I smell barbeque?

"I swear it smells like barbeque!" Well, the kid down the hall was right- he did smell bbq, however I'm pretty sure I left him thinking he was crazy without even meaning to.
Dinner tonight was another quick, delicious balanced meal- always great when those qualities appear in a dorm room meal!
I cooked myself my last GardenBurger Meatless BBQ Riblet (one of my FAVORITES!) along with a serving of couscous (1/3 cup dry, prepared with water and 1 tsp promise light) and 2 little baggies of steamfresh brussels sprouts (About 1-1/2 cups). Absolutely satisfying, to my tummy and taste buds! Which was great after a very tiring day.



It was so dreary all day today, as my friend described it it was definately a "curl under the covers" day- of course I couldn't curl under the covers like I would have liked- I had classes all day! Luckily today was my last day full of classes, tomorrow I have two and then I'm done except for exams!
We had a game review in Kinesiology- my team did pretty well, but I definately know there are some things I need to study!
Afterwards I headed to the cafe for my usual study/lunch session- I ate the whole wheat pita I stuffed last night with 1/2 cup leftover baked chickpeas, 1/4 an avocado, some greens and a couple squirts of lemon juice for flavor. Delish!
On the side I had a bunch of carrots and a few snow peas, as well as a red bartlett pear, which I had never had before and enjoyed! This filled me perfectly, and I set off for my last nutrition classes.


I had a good amount of time in between classes in the afternoon, because my first class got out early, so I did some homework, a little menu planning for the weekend and snacked on a Fruit & Nut Kind bar (no pic, sorry).

My last nutrition class was full of notes, but we did get out early so that was a plus. Now I'm definately going to take a few minutes to relax, and then get some work done.
Monday, Monday...

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

haha, sounds like your dinner omitted a VERY pleasing aroma! :0)

sorry that you had classes all day :0( hopefully you can fully enjoy your day tomorrow, FREE of lots of classes! :0)

Anonymous said...

I had the exact same dinner some time ago.. aren't those BBQ riblets fantastic?

I also had brussel sprouts with my dinner tonight.. I really liked them! I am a fan of cabbage in general, so that makes sense I guess. Hehe..

Yea, it was also dreary here today.. in fact, it is even snowing out there right now, can you believe it??? SNOW in APRIL??! In Canada, yes... in the Midwest, not so much, but what can you do?