Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Monday, April 28, 2008

Berry Good

I just couldn't resist this title, after my antioxidant-rich, berry filled breakfast!

I woke up to another drab morning, it wasn't too cold, but drizzling a bit and definately not nice enough to run outside. So, I had the other 1/2 of my chocolate chip peanut crunch clif bar, hiked down to the track, and went for a 45 minute run. It felt good, although running outside would have been much nicer.

For breakfast this morning I tried my new Organic "Save the Forest" granola- "Raspberry Razzmatazz" flavor. It has a lot of calories (250 kcal per serving), but a serving size is 3/4 cup, which usually fills me up well- so I had 1 serving on top of a container of Wildwood Organic Soyogurt (Vanilla flavor), which is vegan and very tasty! I like this vanilla the best I think. I topped it all with a whole cup of yummy fresh blueberries to complete the berry theme.
The mixture came out creamy and sweet, I liked the granola a lot! Maybe not my favorite, but definately a nice change. It was very sweet though, so I hope it holds me until lunch later.


Last Monday of classes today! I have my three regular classes, all day from 11 to 7, but they're all reviews so not too much work! I'll be back for a lunch/snack/dinner post later on (depending on how early the prof decides to let us out!!)
Hope your week starts off great!

4 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Your blog-post title is very fitting - that Raspberry Razzmatazz granola sounds heavenly!

Last Monday of classes for me too - exciting! :0)

Danielle said...

Happy Monday! Thanks again for your response to my question about running. My "training" starts tomorrow, hopefully it goes well :)

ChickPea said...

Oooh! I didn't know Save the Forest made granola! They make great trail mixes, so I'll have to give it a try. Enjoy your Monday!!

Kristin said...

Danielle, You're welcome, and good luck!

Chickpea,
I didn't know they made trail mix! I'll be on the lookout for that!