Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Racing around town

This morning was a run around town; literally!
I woke up and had my pre-race mini-breakfast; a toasted whole wheat english muffin with 1 tbsp almond butter and 2 tsp all natural raspberry jam.

It was very chilly and slightly windy at the start of the race, so it wasn't the most pleasant, but it got better as the race went on. I ended up finishing pretty well, in 22:07, which isn't bad considering it was a VERY hilly run! I got second in my age group, so that was a nice way to finish.
After the race I immediately grabbed a big orange to snack on while I waited for my Mom to finish walking.

Afterwards, we did our grocery shopping- I just got the basics for the week, som soy yogurt, baby carrots, cucumber, bell pepper, avocado, lots of various fruits, some split pea soup for a work dinner, and more tofurky. I'm trying to use up what I have in the dorm, because I only have a couple weeks left!!
We finished our grocery shop at my favorite local food co-op, and grabbed lunch there. I had a big Organic Chard and Tofu wrap, which was filled with organic tofu, chard, red onion, vegan monterey jack, and some oils and spices on a tomato wrap. It had a great flavor to it, I enjoyed it and devoured the whole big thing! (I was hungry after running!)


Now I'm back here at home, relaxing and doing some organizing for finals for the afternoon before I make dinner and my sister's special dessert later on tonight. Unfortunately we don't get to enjoy the dessert tonight because she doesn't come home until tomorrow; but we'll definately be having it as a treat tomorrow afternoon!

Have a great Saturday!

1 comment:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Congratulations on your running time in the race!! Impressive!!

Definitely have fun relaxing today - that's what weekends are for! :0)