Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Baked to perfection!

Fried no more!
Tonight for dinner I made another lip-smacking recipe created by the fabulous Happy Herbivore, Lindsay, a traditonal Mexican favorite that's usually fried, she made healthier (and vegan!) by baking!

Baked avocado & bean Taquitos with sour cream:

Deeelicious! I couldn't even finish my three they were so filling (but I did snack on some beans and avocado while I was prepping them).
We also had a bit of steamed broccoli on the side for some veggies:

I laid around today, did a bit of school work, but mostly just relaxed- it was much needed.
I made myself a smoothie around 3 to hold me over until dinner; I used 1 big banana, 1/2 cup soy yogurt, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries and a heaping 1/2 cup diced fresh mango. Mmm! I love my fruit!
I enjoyed it outside, because it was just way too nice out not to!


Later on tonight I'm planning on making my sister's ED&BV treat she chose; but we'll have to wait to enjoy so I think I'll be indulging in another treat with my Mom we picked up at the co-op today!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmmm, those look awesome! I have been a bad tester due to tons of tests this week, but this weekend I'm kicking into high gear. Lindsay's recipes are amazing :)
Have fun baking, I always get so excited to see what you cook up, yum!! have a great night~

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I LOVE that the tacos are baked - so much tastier, and healthier! Yum!

So glad that you took time to relax today - you definitely deserved it, girl!

Anon said...

congrats on coming in 2nd for your age group! that's incredible!