Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Tremendous tofu

Another great blog reccomendation made it to my table tonight, and boy was I glad! When I saw both Jenna and Erica rave about how easy and tasty Heidi Swanson's Caramelized Tofu recipe was, I knew it was a must-try. Now I love my tofu in many forms, but believe me when I say you have NEVER had tofu like this before! Just sweet enough with that delicious golden, caramelized crisp, this was a vegetarian hit with my family and myself! I used toasted sesame oil for an interesting flavor, toasted and chopped some pecans to throw in, and used broccolli and cauliflower (sauteed in toasted sesame oil as well) and threw the tofu and veggies on top of 1 cup brown rice for a whole grain addition! Sooo delicious, I can guarantee this simple, cost efficient and healthy dish will be grazing my plate again in the near future!

This has been a weekend full of sweet treats... I'll be finishing the night off with some more, of course!
I'll be back later with the results =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm so impressed with everything you make! It all looks amazing, and I'm so excited about more baked treats! After last night's success, I'm excited for yet another amazing baked goodie, for sure :)