Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Wild and crazy for mushrooms!

This afternoon I had another wonderful lunch at Crazy Burger with my mom and sister! We got there right at prime time for lunch, so it was busy and we had to wait a bit... but the lunch was so fantastic I forgot about the wait and enjoyed my meal fully!
I ordered my absolute favorite- the "Wild & Crazy Mushroom Burger". It never fails with it's delicious mushroomy flavor, and the BEST mushroom sauce I had ever eaten... I finished almost the entire little cup- I slathered it on my burger, topped my burger with the sprouts, tomato and cucumber that came on the side, AND dipped my burger in the creamy sauce! Best part of all? It's completely vegan! As was the fabulous bean salad I had on the side- I ate every bit of the delicious beans, mixed with peppers and onions and tossed in a balsamic sauce. I finished my burger and salad and was perfectly full after an incredible vegan lunch!

(Doesn't that look AMAZING?!?!)
Afterwards, we stopped by the grocery store so I could pick up some fruit for the week (apples, pears, nectarines, kiwi, bananas and an orange), some spinach, some soy yogurt- just the basics, I'm on a budget!
Then we stopped at the PodHead to drop off one of my carrot cake cupcakes to my best friend Danielle; my sister said she was "Craving gelato" so of course we had to get some! This has been an every weekend thing, which I don't mind because gelato is my favorite- but I know I'm planning on baking later tonight, so instead of getting a full gelato, I opted to split one with my Mom- 1/2 strawberry chocolate gelato and 1/2 passionfruit mango sorbetto. Mmm! Just the right amount of afternoon treat =)

(I ate about 1/2, my mom ate the cone!)
I also had a fantastic cup of organic coffee- I love gelato and coffee, the bitterness combined with the sweetness is very satisfying!

I can't believe it's already almost 5... I've had a pretty busy day! I ran in the morning for a bit, and I have some studying to do later tonight, after I make a delicious dinner of course! I'll be back after =)

No comments: