Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Back to the old days...

Oh my lovely oats... it's been so long, how I love thee!
With all the super-craziness involved with finishing up school, I haven't had the time to cook myself a nice bowl of oats for a while now. So, it was a real treat when I mixed together my combo today!
I made 1/2 cup dry oats with 1 cup vanilla soy milk, stirred in 1 tbsp flax, 1 tbsp honey roasted peanut butter, a sliced banana, some dried cranberries and a big sprinkle of cinnamon. Mmm mmm! The only thing that could have made it better would be vanilla hemp milk, but I have to finish the soy before I start in on one of the boxes of hemp milk I grabbed at W.F. (there was a sale, 2 for 6- I went a little crazy and bought 4!! I probably would have bought more but my little cart was full)

I'm off to get ready for Pilates and some bargain-shopping!
I'll make an appearance later, before dinner =)

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Have a great Thursday! Breakfast sounds delicious!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Haha yes, I can't go too long without a warm, comforting bowl of oats either :0)

Have fun at pilates!