Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Friday, May 23, 2008

Better than Mickey D's


These are chicken nuggets like you've never seen them before... tonight for dinner I made my family and myself Happy Herbivore's Crispy Chickenless Nuggets from her upcoming cookbook. WOW, were they delicious! I served them alongside some fresh steamed green beans, that were fantastic, in Lindsay's Savory Herb Sauce. This was a great combo! dipped the nuggets in a little ketchup, and oh my do they beat any other chickenless nugget I've had by a long shot! I had 4 big nuggets and a bunch of green beans, but I was super hungry, and they were sooo good I actually served myself one more tiny nugget and a few more green beans. Then I was satisfied!

Second helping:

This afternoon I snacked on an odwalla chocowalla bar and some grapes on my way to get my hair done.

I got some pretty blond hilights and a slight trim so my hair will be nice and easy to do for the summer. Afterwards I stopped by the health food door next door, picked up a few larabars, some dried cherries for swiss oats, more vegan chocolate chips, and a couple other items for meals later this week.

I'm pretty full from dinner, but my sister got a package from her friend today- dark chocolate covered strawberries, and she asked me if I'd like a few, so I might have some as a treat later! I'm also baking my friend some brownies for his birthday tomorrow. Unfortunately I couldn't find an easy enough vegan recipe, but they are very healthy, no butter or oil! I'll post some pics later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm those nuggets look delicious!
As do the chocolate covered strawberries, mmmmm.

I got my hair highlighted and trimmed today too!

Lindsay (Happy Herbivore) said...

Don't you just love how those two dishes go together so amazing well? its its a total healthy dinner but its feel naughty!

your nuggets came out beautifully!