Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Early bird

Even after going to bed much later than I had intended (I got so into my book!) I still woke up bright and early this morning, much earlier than I had intended! I actually snacked on a couple pieces of dried kiwi and mango while reading because I actually got hungry while sitting in my room, and didn't want to go to bed with a growling belly.
I guess I'm still getting used to being back at home, I haven't been getting as much rest as I'd like. Today should be a pretty calm day though, so I don't need to be too awake for anything!
Last night before bed I put together two bowls of overnight oats, one for myself and one for my Mom because she wanted to try them. I added 1/2 cup rolled oats, 1/2 cup vanilla soy milk, cinnamon, walnuts and dried cherries. This morning I added 4 oz plain soy yogurt, a sliced banana, a drizzle of agave and a few leftover blackberries. Delicious, as always!

Our appointments are at 10:30 (right up the street) so I'm going to run in a bit, then we're going out to lunch afterwards so I won't be able to post until later this afternoon. Now I just have to decide what colors I want my nails... maybe if I choose something summery the warm weather will come so I can show them off? I can only hope =)

3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Oh goodness, I started reading my book around 10:45pm, and when I looked at the clock again it was 12:15am!! So I definitely got to bed later as well, haha; but still woke up bright and cheery :0)

Love your oat breakfast - yum!

Enjoy your appointments - sounds like you two have a fun day planned!

Anonymous said...

Your vegan swiss oats always look so appetizing to me! Your breakfast looks to have been a delicious one, as they always seem to be. :)

I see you used plain soy yogurt instead of vanilla and I wonder, how does plain soy yogurt taste? Is it sweet at all? Do you like it?

What book are you reading, by the way? I'm looking to get a book from the library, too, since I have no idea what to do with so much free time on my hands now!

Kristin said...

Veggiegirl
I guess that's what happens when you read a good book!
Vegannurse,
Plain soy yogurt is really good! I like it much better than I did regular plain yogurt. It is definately sweeter, and not as bitter. It goes perfect in my swiss oats, because I already use vanilla soy milk. If I were to use plain soy milk I would probably use vanilla soy yogurt though, because I just love vanilla!

I'm reading Eat, Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. It's fantastic! I love her writing style, she really captures her audience while describing her travels throughout Italy, Indonesia and India. She's so honest, easy to relate to and very funny! I highly reccomend it! I just started reading it and already I'm almost finished!