Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Girls day out

My mom and I had a great "girls day out" today! For Mother's day, I treated her to a mani-pedi appointment at the salon up the street, as well as a lunch out and some shopping!
I ran in the morning, and we headed to our appointments after I was ready. We had a fun time relaxing and getting pampered at the salon, I got my toes bright pink for summer, and my fingers a neutral pinky tone.
"Strawberry Margarita"

For lunch, we stopped by our favorite Syrian restaurant in town, Markos. To start we shared a spanakopita appetizer, which came with some kalamata olives- my favorite! I had one piece of the spanakopita and 3 olives.

For our lunches, we both chose big falafel wraps. I had them bake mine, with hummus and tahini, lettuce, tomato and pickles. Yum!

For a bit of a dessert, we shared a piece of vegan walnut baklava. The perfect tiny treat!

Afterwards, we went shopping at Marshalls & Homegoods, where I ended up finding a really nice, big suitcase to bring to Italy... and I treated myself to a nice new vegetable peeler, which I was in need of! My mom got cute new flip flops, so we were both happy =)
On the way home, we stopped at Starbucks for tall iced soy lattes, and I also snacked on a peach when I got home.


It's finally nice out, so I think I'm going to find a nice sunny spot to read some more of my book before preparing a yummy dinner!
What a lovely day =)

1 comment:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

What a nice day you two have had!! Fabulous!! And wow, spanikopita AND falafel?? YUM!!