Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Lazy Sunday

After having lunch and reading for a while, I still had a good amount of time before work, and "nothing" to do. (I decided early on in the day I would take a day to relax and get back to organizing my life tomorrow!)
So what's a girl to do on a lazy Sunday afternoon? Bake, of course!

Today's experiment was another tester recipe for Happy Herbivore, raspberry muffins!

They came out looking very moist and delicious, but I was still full from my big lunch so I decided to wait until later to try one (ok, I did lick the bowl and spoon though!). In fact, my lunch held me over until 4 pm- that's 4 whole hours of satiety, which NEVER happens to me! When I decided I did need a snack, I snacked on a fruit & nut KIND bar I brought with me, which held me well until my dinner break.
For an easy but tasty work dinner I packed a spicy combo of three bean chili, some blue corn tortilla chips and a handful of baby carrots. This meal was satisfying as well, I didn't get hungry again until I got back home and saw those muffins!

For my nightly snack I tried one of the moist, yummy tester muffins and 1/2 a grapefruit.

Now, I'm full, and after a full day I am ready to hit the hay and get some rest to start off my busy week!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Yum! I cannot wait to try some of her recipes. The muffins look delish! Kristin, when are you leaving for Italy? I'm so excited for you!

Kristin said...

Excited for me? I'm excited for you!! I can't wait to hear about all your travels =)
I'm leaving June 26, so I have about a month. When do you start your journey?