Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Southern Comfort

Tonight I made a super flavorful, super tasty southern-inspired meal for my fam. It was so full of "mmmm" I almost went back for seconds, but I was full already!
The main part of the meal were Mini Corndawgs, a tester recipe for the lovely Lindsay, The Happy Herbivore. On the side I also made her blog recipes- Collard Greens (I added both hot sauce and vinegar to mine) as well as Vegan Baked Beans, which were the absolute BEST baked beans I have ever tried!! Definately going to make all three of these recipes again, they were a hit!


This afternoon for a snack after my 4 mile run outside I had a small smoothie made with 1/2 a banana, 1/2 cup each frozen blueberries and mango, and 1/2 cup vanilla soy milk. I also snacked on a mini bag of PB puffins to hold me over. Yum!

A little later tonight, I'm going out for gelato with two of my best friends, which will be quite fun!
I think gelato is one of the only things (probably THE only thing) I am going to miss when I make my full switch to veganism. But hey, I hear there's vegan gelato in NYC, and thats only a train ride away- so I think I'll live =)

Have a fabulous Saturday night everyone!

1 comment:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Mmm, I LOVE collard greens!

Yes, vegan gelato DOES exist! You can even order it online from the Blackwell's company :0)