Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Dinner by Ali and Rachael Ray

This afternoon, I felt like baking, so I made a batch of my favorite "Supercharge Me" cookies by ED&BV. I made them with almond butter this time, and I definately loved them best this way!

While they were cooling, I went for a 30 minute run, 20 min walk on the treadmill. After showering, I was soooo craving some cookies, so I had two of my "healthy cookies" (I made them small) and a small bowl of grapes to hold me over.
I went shopping for my Dad's present, which was very successful, I got him a new book and some nice earbuds for running- just what he wanted! Plus, I'm making him a whole big feast =)
(It's a good thing he doesn't read this or I'd be ruining the surprise!!)

The minute I got home, the first thing I noticed was the incredibly delicious aroma wafting from the kitchen. My stomach immediately started grumbling- luckily dinner was ready! Alison made me a fantastic dinner- "Thats Shallotta Flavor Spaghetti", recipe by Rachael Ray. She even used my favorite whole wheat spaghetti and vegan parm because she knows I'm avoiding dairy. On the side, she also boiled one of my fave green veggies- zucchini! The zucchini was so darn good I just had to go back for a second big helping (about the same size as pictured). It was great, and I'm so thankful I have such a great lil sis to make me yummy meals every once in a while.

I snapped this cute pic of her serving me my pasta:

You did a great job, Ali!

Now I'm just waiting for my friend to get home, so we can head out and go watch a hockey game later. I love hockey, but to be honest I'm not even sure who's playing! Should be fun anyways =)

No comments: