Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Food filled last day

"I ate vegetables".

This is my friend Eric's response to how I should start my blog entry of my last day of eating in America!
He's sitting here, helping me with last minute packing (and blogging!) and trying to calm me down as I'm nervously running around my house, hoping I'm not forgetting anything!

Today was a fun-filled day with the fam! I had a nectarine after my nice 4 mile run in the neighborhood before we left, and the drive to providence was suprisingly easy!

When we got to the restaurant, (my fave Indian restaurant on Thayer Street, Kabob and Curry) I immediately knew what I wanted to order- the vegan Portabello and Chickpea Wrap, with mint suace! A spinach wrap stuffed with seasoned vegetables, chickpeas and savory portabella mushrooms, spicy but not too spicy, with a delicious vegan mint sauce I was in HEAVEN! This is definately one of my alltime favorite meals, I love this restaurant!

After doing some shopping (at one of my favorite stores, Urban Outfitters- I got a new tank top!), we decided to stop for some bubble tea at sushi express! I loveeee this bubble tea- I had a frozen passion fruit mango soy bubble tea, and it was sooo sweet- but definately worth it! I love cool treats on a hot day.

We walked around a little more, and eventually it was time to head to dinner! It was a great dinner- at one of my favorite restaurants, the vegetarian Garden Grille a few streets away in providence. I couldn't choose what I wanted, everything looked so good! We decided on a few appetizers to start, some tempeh spring rolls, raw veggie/fruit rolls and a mixed green salad. I had a bit of everything!

For my entree, I chose the special of the day- Kelp Noodle Stir Fry, with broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, cabbage and seitan in a miso soy sauce! It was a humongous bowl, and I devoured almost half of it! Soo much food, but absolutely delectable!

I was so stuffed after all that delicious vegan food, I wasn't even hungry for dessert- but I had to have a bite of the chocolate buttercream vegan cake my sister and mom shared, complete with a bit of berry sauce and a blueberry!

Back at home with my friends Eric and Katrina, we shared a few of the last fudgey brownies before saying goodbyes!

Now I'm off to get some shut eye before my big day of traveling! I'll be back in the morning for my last breakfast in the US!

No comments: