Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Gimme Chimis!

But not quite yet. Because I am sooo stuffed from the one I just ate!
Wow, Dreena has done it again- another delicious recipe from ED&BV! I made her "Gimme Chimis" tonight, and they were absolutely fabulous. Stuffed with tempeh, onions, tomatoes, zucchini and beans (I used kidney)- it was a spicy treat for my taste buds! The only problem I had was stuffing the mixture into the tortilla... it didn't exactly go as planned, so instead of chimis we ended up with wraps- but they were delicious anyways! I topped mine with some fresh cilantro and squeezed some fresh lime on it. Mmm mmm! On the side I had a small spinach salad drizzled with some sesame dressing.


I am almost packed! About 1/2 way there! I've got my big bags packed except for a few small items, I just need to work on my carry on and I should be good to go!
I have lots of baggies of almonds and mixed nuts packed as snacks!

As I was packing, I got hungry, and for some reason I was really craving tofutti cream cheese! Weird, huh? So I made myself a snack of 4 akmak sesame crackers, topped with 2 tbsp vegan cream cheese, and a few grapes on the side. Totally satisfied my craving and filled me until dinner!

Tonight I'm doing some more Italy organizing and my friend Eric is coming in a bit to treat me to ice cream. I know I don't normally do ice cream, but this is the BEST home made ice cream, it's right up the street, and he wants to go... so I'm caving for now, but he knows once I'm back from Italy it will be all sorbet for me!

Have a relaxing Sunday eve, guys!

No comments: