Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Monday, June 9, 2008

To "where are we??" and back!

Today was quite the rushed day! I finished up the second layer of my dad's special ice "cream" cake, and only had time for a quick 1/2 hour of strength and cardio before jumping in the shower, just in time for my friend to pick me up. We had to drive an hour and a half in SCORCHING heat to bring her friend home, to a random place in the middle of nowhere I've never been. It was a fun ride even though we were dripping with sweat! Eventually, we got to providence where we picked up my Dad and went to lunch on my favorite street, full of awesome restaurants and great shopping, Thayer Street. We ate lunch at Nice Slice, which I had heard was the best pizza in Prov- and it has vegan pizza! Ohmigosh, it did NOT disappoint! I ate the best pizza I have EVER eaten in my entire life. And it was vegan!!! My Dad, Danielle and I split a HUGE whole wheat crust "Earth Crisis" pizza, which was covered in fresh spinach, artichokes, tomatoes, and vegan cheeze- and had them put some vegan chick'n on it too! Delish!

I have to admit, I stuffed myself silly- it was a thin crust and filled with veggies, so I ate 3 (yes, three!) huge pieces! I probably should have stopped at two, but it was sooo good... third piece was worth it, as full as I felt. The awesome thing was, I'm still full- but satisfied, and I don't feel gross at all, the way I used to feel when I ate regular pizza.
More and more, I'm realizing how much veganism is the right choice for me!

After a hot and sweaty (but very fun!) day in the car, I'm back at home, cooling off in the nice air conditioning before I start preparing my Dad his birthday dinner! He did choose a hot one- chili, cornbread and salad- but I think it will still be yummy, despite this scorcher we're having!

Oh, and I forgot to add this morning: HAPPY "21"st FAJA!!!!

No comments: