Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Monday, July 28, 2008

Annoyed...

So today was not the most eventful day, because of a few annoying mishaps...
We had no power in my house from 10 am until 5:30 pm, so I had no choice but to spend my time at the gym, and then unpacking to pass the time. I got a lot done, but it wasn't the most interesting day.

Before working out I had a nice preworkout snack of a banana and a tablespoon of peanut butter. I spent about 45 minutes doing cardio, 30 minutes walking, 15 running and 15 biking.

For lunch I made myself my own version of my favorite "Insalatono" from Dante's in San Demetrio- a big salad of mixed greens, raddichio, tomatoes, corn and tuna topped with some balls of fresh mozzarella, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and black pepper. On the side I also had 1/2 a wheat english muffin for some whole grains.

For a mid-afternoon snack I had a juicy white nectarine, which I had never tried but enjoyed very much! It was sweeter, less bitter than orange nectarines I thought. I also had a half a peanut butter cookie my sister brought home =)

Dinner was supposed to be another Italian recipe, but unfortunately we were forced to go out to eat because we had no power. I still had a nice dinner- we went to one of my favorite Middle Eastern Delis, Pick Pockets, and I had the Crazy Veggie- lettuce, tomato, peppers, cucumber, sprouts, feta, hummus and balsamic dressing. I ate my whole wrap, and a stuffed grape leaf as well! I was stuffed, but it was a filling, healthy meal on the go that was just satisfying enough.


After dinner, I went out for ice cream with my friend Eric and my sister. We had a lot of fun laughing about Italy and I tried to teach my sister a few Italian phrases... I want her to meet one of my Italian friends when she comes to Italy to visit me next year, who knows- maybe they'll hit it off! For a nice cool treat I chose a small Black Raspberry Chip frozen yogurt, which definately hit the spot!

I'm at home now, relaxing and getting ready for bed. It felt like such a long day with no power! Makes you realize how much we rely on electricity for basics like cooking, washing, internet...

Time for bed! Tomorrow I'll be picking one of my best friends and future roommate, Tyler, up from the trainstation and we'll be out and about all day so expect a bit of a late post!

Buona Notte!

No comments: