Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Birthday Baking

You know you love baking when...

thats how you spend the morning of your 19th birthday!

Happy 30th of July everyone, personally my favorite day of the year, because at 3:18 a.m. this morning I was born into this world, I'm pretty sure with a whisk in hand, because ALL I wanted to do when I woke up this morning was bake away!

For breakfast, my mom went out and got myself, my sister, and Tyler bagels from our favorite bagel place, Bagelz (which I'm actually considering applying to for a school year job!)- I had my favorite, an everything bagel with garlic-herb light cream cheese. On the side I also had my fave fruit- a juicy nectarine!


While I was enjoying my delicious birthday breakfast, my sister brought me over some presents in my favorite color combo- blue and brown, with bright green accents =)
I got some awesome presents, one of which I have not been able to put down- Vegan with a Vengeance! I've wanted this for sooo long, and when I pulled it out I immediately began thumbing through the recipes, I haven't found a single one I DON'T want to try! I better start cooking away! I also got some houseware items from my mom- I'm getting a fusion blender/food processor for my house soon (it's been ordered!) which I am SO excited about, and I also got some pretty mixing bowls and nice bamboo cutting boards, as well as a big deep Italian skillet! I can't wait to start cooking in my new kitchen =)

As soon as I finished opening my presents and saying "Grazie Mille" to my generous family, I knew I had to get into the kitchen! I chose the simplest, yet incredibly indulgent cookie recipe I could find in vegan with a vengeance- Crispy Peanut Butter Cookies! These are in NO way low fat, or very healthy at all (except for the fact that they have no milk or eggs!) but boy do they look yummy... and gosh darnit it's my birthday, so I'm going to bake the cookies, lick the spoon and eat as many as I want!

It was definately a nice birthday morning =)
Today during the day I think I might be going out to play some mini golf if the rain holds off, and then this evening I have a bit of a party at Crazy Burger with my family and a few friends! Should be a nice day!

1 comment:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Hooray for baking and birthdays :0)